Tuesday, July 16, 2013

From the Desk of Jim Bridenstine regarding H.R. 1579 July 10, 2013 (Financial Transaction Tax)





Jim Bridenstine
1st District, Oklahoma










216 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-2211
July 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Stumpff,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1579, the Inclusive Prosperity Act of 2013. I appreciate your opinion and value your input on this important issue. In recent weeks, I have heard from many constituents who have shared their thoughts with me about this bill. There have been many people who are opposed to such a bill, as well as many who support it.

This legislation would amend the Internal Revenue Code to impose an excise tax on the transfer of ownership in certain securities, impose a penalty on taxpayers who fail to include a covered transaction on their tax return, and provide an individual taxpayer whose income does not exceed $50,000 with a tax credit for the amount of tax paid on covered transactions. I respectfully disagree with this bill because I oppose any creation of new taxes at this time. On April 16, 2013, the bill was referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means, where it awaits a hearing and further legislative action.

Thank you again for writing and expressing your thoughts on this important issue.  Please visit my website at http://bridenstine.house.goto send me another message with your thoughts and opinions, read my positions on major issues, or sign up for my E-Newsletter. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links below. I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Sincerely,
(signed)
Jim Bridenstine
U.S. House of Representatives
http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/1579 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts